Friday, February 18, 2011

Spring is trying to spring here in western Kentucky

Last week our temperatures were single digit and we had several inches of snow. The area school kids enjoyed a week of sledding and playing in snow. This week our temperatures have neared 70 most days and a tremendous number of my friends and coworkers are battling either the flu or raging sinusitis.

I feel fortunate: I feel well and am gathering my trays, seeds and supplies to get my garden seeds started. When I have seeds sprouting, I truly feel spring is near. But still, I wish my friends felt better.

On the farm our numbers are growing. Our sow, Mary Lou, gave us new piglets. Several of our sheep have given us lambs and we're hatching out chicks almost every day. All of our farm family are thriving and so are we!

No comments: